Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mendoza


Stu and I headed west to wine country for four days, but the trip is over now. I'm leaving Mendoza for Buenos Aires in a few hours. I'll be back home tomorrow morning.

Yesterday brought a full day of horseback riding in the foothills of the Andes. I am so sore. I have aches in places I didn't even know I had places.

I was without my trusty MacBook, so I had to forgo blogging this past week. But I'll be back in the saddle again shortly.

I've been blogging for a year now. When I started, I told myself I would give it a few months and see how it went. Then I told myself I would give it a year. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep at it, but this blog has at least three more months left at any rate.

Happy new year and thank you for reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must keep going. Your blogging makes me laugh a lot, in a good way. plus, i like the pretty pix.

sarah said...

Ditto. Your fans need you, Dan.

Lor said...

Mendoza is where my family is from. In April I'm going to go for a cousin's wedding and I'm so excited. I haven't been back to Argentina in 10 years. I've also never been to an Argentinian wedding either, so it should be interesting.
And yes, you must keep blogging. I faithfully read your blog and its part of my morning routine.

Dan said...

Thanks for the kind words.

The thing is, I'll be moving back to the States. And when I do, I'll probably be without a job until the farmers market season kicks in.

Without kooky foreigners or fruit, what's there to blog about?

Also, it would be nice to find a way to make money on some incarnation of Fruit Slinger — a magazine article or something. That might preclude a free blog.

But . . . that's probably a pipe dream.

The most likely outcome is that I fill one blog or another with self consciously navel-gazing drivel for two months while I wait for strawberry season, and then write another four or five months of Fruit Slinger until I completely run that concept into the ground.

Don't say I didn't warn you.