Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Afternoon/evening

This afternoon, I gave an English class at a Jewish high school. When I was finished, I hopped on the bus, standing next to a man reading Corriere della Sera and really rocking the whole open-shirt/chest-hair thing as we passed through Chinatown. I got off the bus and walked to Persicco, where I had a small cup of two flavors: dulce de leche con brownie and crema de arándano (blueberry cream).

I worked on my article for an hour or so. Then I headed over to the fresh pasta shop, where I bought some sorrentinos caprese (round mozzarella, tomato and basil ravioli). My dinner was a salad of arugula from the vegetable delivery today, the sorrentinos, and a glass of Saurus* 2004 Malbec.

I don't know if it's a typical day for me by any means. But it's certainly representative of why I choose to live here.

*This is a really great Malbec from Patagonia. That's dinosaur country and the label explains that they called it Saurus because they found fossils when they broke ground for the winery.

No comments: